Classified Print Add to favorites Tell a friend Number of times listing has been viewed: 744
- TB x WB (no official papers. Unknown registered name and microchip)
- Brands Left: Right: 2 over 6
- 15 yrs
- Up to date with: 2 in 1 injections, worming, farrier, dental and chiropractor/bodywork
- Currently on 4CYTE and Pentosan injections
Nixi was a confidence booster for myself, I’ve had him for a little over 3 years, selling due to moved onto another horse. Nixi is no fuss sort of horse with a beautiful nature and temperament. He has done too many pony club rallies, adult riders rallies and local comps to count! Very calm when going out and about wherever I’ve taken him.
During the time I’ve had Nixi we have done a lot of dressage schooling in particular working on shoulder control, collecting and developing topline muscle, rein back to forward trot, bending/flexion in the canter and some lateral work – all in which he has come along in leaps and bounds. In the arena he is generally unwilling to go forward at first, thus if the rider wants to plod along he will. However I ask him to go forward and collect which he does for me. He loves show jumping, he is a lot more forward when jumping. Currently jumping around 50cm, ability to jump 70cm as I was last year. Very good with other horses in group lessons - not phased by lots of people, kids running around, people talking very loudly, machinery operating in the background – very quiet.
I also do a lot of riding out of the arena (he gets a bit arena sour, hence the lack to go forward sometimes – I don’t blame him) on our property and up the service road where he loves to canter up the hills! He is good on trails, not too spooky nor does he shy much. Very good with cars, dogs and cows and kangaroos. Unsure of bikes, motorbikes and alpacas. Good out on his own and ok with other horses – best to have him up front if there’s more than two of you, as he can get excited a bit silly (jog sideways and may head toss) if the others race ahead.
- windsucker; mild, comes with collar, needs to latch onto something to be able to windsuck – front teeth worn slightly more than a horse his age due to constant biting on fences
- will only pigroot when riding if whip used too much
- can do a head toss if he gets excited
- can get attached to mares – may rear when he rubs noses with them
- dominant with food – currently kept in private paddock
- sometimes refuses to get on float – dressage whip and treats coaxes him on. Travels very well on float (haven’t floated with another horse for more than 3 years now)
- some arthritic stiffness (mild) in mid-upper back and neck – currently on 4cyte and Pentosan
Nixi will best suit an intermediate rider with some experience, confidence and strength at around a grade 4 pony club level. Or an adult looking to do adult riders or pleasure riding. Yes, he loves trails but is not an endurance horse – nor is he for beginners! Given his age and the fact he’s on 4cyte and Pentosan to help lubricate joints, grade 3 PC is his limit.
Nixi is excellent to catch, worm and shoe. Never once has he bolted, bitten or kicked me (nor kicked another horse when riding or being handled on ground).
He is currently in work x3 per week and holds his weight very well with the pasture we’re on plus x1 hard feed per day and a round bale.
Homes will be vetted to ensure the correct one is found, as he deserves nothing but the best.
No tyre kickers please. Looking for a clean sale, however happy to do a free trial of 2 months with option to buy.
Vet check welcome. I have copies of most recent dental clean (June 2021) and bodywork session January 2021).
$4,5000 inc. windsucking collar, bridle, brush boots and all rugs.
Please call Sarah 0427 560 376 negotiation over phone call only, no texting please.