Classified Print Add to favorites Tell a friend Number of times listing has been viewed: 570
Esme is a thoroughbred mare who is completely unraced and untrialled (she did not prep) and has no racehorse issues. She is 8 years old, approximately 16.2hh, a big horse – needs a 6’6” rug
She has good points and bad – we’ll start with the bad:
- She has a sway back
- She windsucks
- She has had episodes of Queensland itch (or similar)
- She has messy x-rays so is limited to pleasure/trail riding, low level dressage and maybe some jumping
Her good features:
- Esme is a total sweetheart, an in-your-pocket horse who loves people and attention
- Her sway back requires careful saddle fitting but she is ridden in an older Trainers dressage saddle with a rear riser
- I have not tried her in a windsucking collar
- The Qld itch was resolved with applications of Shield and a cotton rug
- Her x-rays and vet report are available if you are genuinely interested
- Esme loads and travels well in an angle float
- She lunges and knows voice commands, is very happy to trot over poles and is good to ride
- Her ridden education is limited but she is very trainable, retains what she learns and has no nasties whatsoever. Even so, she is a big horse and is still relatively green so she is not suited to a child, beginner or very novice rider.
- She is a sensible horse, not spooky but just needs to get out and about more
- Esme has attended one dressage day as a spectator and behaved beautifully. She lunged, watched everything and stayed sensible.
- She gets along well with other horses and is low on the pecking order
- She does not kick or bite and is easy to catch, worm, rug and shoe
If you feel that you may suit Esme and you are able to demonstrate that you can provide her with an appropriate home with the care that she is accustomed to then please call. Endless text messages will not be responded to.