Classified Print Add to favorites Tell a friend Number of times listing has been viewed: 8418
16.2hh Bay Stallion 1999
Standing at Brookside Stud (under new ownership)
BOOK ONLINE NOW TO SECURE YOUR MARES SPOT FOR 2023/24:
- NEW for 2023!! Season Pass Breeding Package: Only $3950 to cover all of:
- Stud Fee- $950, including LFG
- Vet AI Package (on farm only)- up to 5 cycles per season
- Agistment Package (on farm only)- up to 15 weeks agistment and Vet appointment handling
- Chilled- $950 LFG (live foal guarantee, not inlcuding collection fees)
- Frozen Semen:(Stored at Genemovers)
- $500 per dose OR
- $950 LFG
A farm favourite, Renegade Z has a superb temperament and incredible presence.
Aside from being wonderful and impeccably bred himself, his most important factor as a stallion is what he passes on to his progeny. Despite siring relatively few offspring in Europe before being imported into Australia, a very high proportion of his offspring succeeded at 1.4m+ showjumping levels in very competitive fields.
Here in Australia, Renegade Z progeny have had great success as showjumpers, eventers and in dressage. Riders and trainers consistently report excellent jumping scope, and great brains- both rideable and traininable. Renegade Z is also from a line noted for the 'filly factor'- or a great sire of broodmares with strong prepotency.
Renegade Z is from the Holsteiner stamm 7673, which is a small stamm of stallions by licensed stallions. He is almost only spread by the Calando mother Furgund. The Calando full sister Z-Calanda is dam of the licensed and S jumping successful Cap-Calando and grandmother of Renegade Z.
Bred at the prestigious Zangersheide Stud in Belgium, Renegade Z top-scored for jumping at his 30-day test in Neustadt Dosse and is Licensed Zangersheide, and approved Oldenburg.
Renegade trained under saddle with John Whittaker (GBR) as a 5 year old, before an injury cut short his performance career. Prior to his injury, Renegade Z was a top class show jumper with amazing ability, technique and shape over the fences.
Renegade Z covered for 3 years on the stud Brookhouse Stud, Erbach, before being sold to Australia.
Renegade Z boasts an impressive list of European ancestors. His sire Ramiro was successfully jumped in international shows by Fritz Ligges, and is one of the status symbols of European show jumping breeding. His dam, Quita Z, was sired by Quidam de Revel. This anglo-norman sire (by Jalisco B v Alme Z) is the most successful international sire known. Quidam de Revel represented his home country France at the Olympic Games and won several Grand Prix under the Danish rider Thomas Velin. In his third generation one will find the superlative stallion Cor de la Bryere, without whom the Holstein line would not have been what it is today.
His grandmother Calanda is full sister to the licensed stallions Calando I to V. Also a pedigree is bred with the jumping horse legend Ramiro, Quidam de Revel and Cor de la Bryère.
The Renegade Z descendant Ruswil with Torben Köhlbrandt and Karina Johannpeter / BRA attracts international attention. In Germany, there are very few descendants of the stallion, but a very high percentage of his offspring succeed in S jumping.
- Temperament- Passes on super brains, with riders reporting good trainability and attitude to work
- Conformation/Type- Sires horses that are very correct, with a good topline and straight legs
- Movement- Adds excellent canter, even, swinging trot and large over track in walk
- Jump- Adds scope, natural carefulness and good adjustable stride
- Size- Tends to refine and lighten larger boned mares
- Color- Tends to pass on white bling; carries the red (chestnut) gene
- Jumpers-Superb choice for a "C" or "G" line mare, or mares with Celle Francaise blood. Good choice for larger mares in need of refinement, and/or lacking scope and carefulness
- Eventers- Best over a thoroughbred or TBx mare with longer leg/line
- Dressage- a great cross to add canter for your mare
|Stallions Name||Renegade Z|
- Mature Height*:
- *Estimate for young horses
- Zangersheide, Oldenburg, AWHA
Sire's Sire's Sire
Sire's Sire's Dam
Sire's Dam's Sire
Sire's Dam's Dam
Dam's Sire's Sire
Dam's Sire's Dam
Cor De La Bryere
Dam's Dam's Sire
Dam's Dam's Dam